NO CANCER COVERAGE YET?
INSTANTLY COMPLY WITH SB 426 REGULATIONS!
- Get a quote- We submit a 1-page application for your department. We will also provide a proposal outlining the Statutory Coverage.
- Secure your coverage- Sign and return either Letter of Intent (from the proposal) or application. We will provide an invoice and policy.
- File a claim- Send in claims form. Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) will attest to the eligibility.
- Renewals- Renewal Questionnaires will be sent out 90 days prior to renewal and will simply ask for the number of insureds.
Who is covered?
The new mandate covers the following:
- Currently an active member
- Has served as a full-time firefighter within a fire department or public safety department for at least 5 years.
- With VFIS, full time Firefighters are covered from day 1!
- Has “the primary responsibility of preventing and distinguishing fires, protecting life and property, and enforcing municipal, county, and state fire prevention codes and laws pertaining to the prevention and control of fires” (§ 112.1816(1)(c).
- Has not used tobacco products for at least the previous last 5 years.
- With VFIS, tobacco users are covered, and at no additional cost!
- Has not been employed in any other position in the past 5 years which is proven to create a higher risk for any cancer (this point is further clarified in the statute and below) SB 426 was passed in Florida, and generally pertains to any full-time, career firefighters who meet the following criteria.
- With VFIS, all full time firefighters are covered!
Protecting your Firefighters
The new Florida law now provides comprehensive cancer coverage for all full time firefighters. The bill provides the following cancer coverage:
Bladder cancer* Brain cancer *Breast cancer *Cervical cancer *Colon cancer, Esophageal cancer *Invasive skin cancer *Kidney cancer *Large intestinal cancer *Lung cancer *Malignant melanoma *Mesothelioma *Multiple myeloma *Non-Hodgkins lymphoma *Oral cavity and pharynx cancer *Ovarian cancer *Prostate cancer *Rectal cancer *Stomach cancer *Testicular cancer and Thyroid cancer